Friday 23 November 2012

How short is too short?

When people get out a relationship that they had a lot of motions invested in and where they felt hurt as a result of it ending, how long until it is acceptable for them to begin dating again? And by dating I don't mean going on dates I mean moving into another emotionally committed relationship. This seems like a very Carrie-esque question but I feel the need to ask it. My last boyfriend broke up with me a month ago and I keep having guys that want to have relationships with me.....first world problems right? But seriously in the so called 'gay world' dating different people in a fairly quick succession can lead to a hell of a lot of judgement. That judgement can put a lot of unnecessary pressure on someone who may or may not be somewhat emotionally fragile. This relationship may be a way of not only building a strong connection with someone else but also as a way of healing themselves and even in some cases the other person. To all those that say dating when not long out of a relationship is a bad thing, I say who made it your business? Are you the one with the broken heart? No. Maybe you like to be alone when you have just been dumped but not everyone does. The miserable bitch syndrome is not for everyone, even if it is for you. I am now going to drown my sorrows in a tub of ice cream....my lactose intolerant stomach is going to be pissed. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment